Thursday, July 10, 2008

Westward Ho!!!

What a wild ride this Snedaker family has been on for the past few months... We want everyone to know that we have safely arrived to our new digs in So Jo. The first few days I thought I was going to drown amid all of the boxes and packing paper. In fact, Levi is such a mellow fellow that I actually DID lose him in pile of paper for a few minutes. Not until I heard his cute giggle did I remember where he was playing... What a good mom I am, right? Alyssa on the other hand is taking this opportunity to push our non-schedule schedule to her advantage by eating whatever unhealthy food she can find (Treat Mom, TREAT??) and staying up until 10:30 at night then batting those long eye lashes of hers and saying
"no-no nigh night. Mommy go nigh-night. 'kay?"
(Sigh, as you can tell, I'm not very good at the whole move thing...)

My mom and sister came for a quick visit and to help with unpacking. We had a great time while they were here. Fourth of July was a little different in that we were all to tuckered to venture out to find a fireworks show. Instead we opted to watch some of our brave neighbors try not to burn their homes down while entertaining our kids. Thanks. While we were watching them, we talked about why we celebrated the 4th of July, what the fireworks represent, etc.
Emmy whispered to me, "Oh yeah mom, kinda like that song you always sing that has that flag in it?"
Umm, yeah. That would be our national anthem, Emmy. Guess we need to reference that one a bit more as such... I'm thinking we need an Emmy quote of the week... I'll keep you posted on any future Ah-ha moments...
Let us know if you'd like to stop in for a visit and unload, unpack, paint, or sand. We'd love to see you!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Though I am sad that you guys moved, I am happy to hear that you are there safe :) We sure miss you guys! I love that family picture - you all look amazing! Good luck unpacking - I wish I could come help!

Dave and Candace said...

We still can't get over how excited we are that you're here! I love the post.

Julie said...

Glad you all are getting settled! We miss you dearly. It is still very weird that you are gone. Put education week on your calendar. We will totally get together then.

J and J said...

Count on it Julie, and by the way bring the rest of the gals from Canterberry with you... :)