Wednesday, January 9, 2008

And They're Off!


We just wanted to let everyone know that the kids and I took Mom and Dad to the airport today. I can't believe the day actually came. I think dad was a little anxious to get off and down to check on Dulce and Dorado. (The horses left on Saturday and got there today.) Mom was definitely nervous for the unknown and probably apprehensive to put her Spanish into practice. I was very proud of myself that I actually held things together and that the side of me that wanted to show my encouragement and excitement for them won out over the side of me that was screaming and crying out 'DON'T GO'!!!!

Mom called a few minutes ago and said that even with the the weather delays here in Denver (snow, are you surprised?) that they BARELY made their connection in Dallas. She said that they closed the gate, but the pilot decided to get off the plane for a potty break and opened the door. Mom and Dad came up right then and he saw them and said 'Are you the two we were waiting on?' It's a good thing nature was calling Mr. Pilot, otherwise they would have had to wait until tomorrow!

I think everyone has their Denver based number but please let us know if you need help getting a hold of them. They are staying in a hotel for a few days but should be moved into their house by this weekend. They're also checking their regular email accounts. Viven en Mexico!!!!!

No comments: