Saturday, October 11, 2008

Emmy's Windfall

Okay so it wasn't Publisher's Clearing House that came knocking on our door but to Emmy it might as well have been.

Earlier this week, Emmy came home from school with a big grin on her face and started dancing and singing out 'I'm famous! And I'm rich!' "Umm, hellooh? More information please, dear daughter of mine...", I implored. So she told me that she won a 'hundurd bucks' (her words exactly) and the fireman said he'd get it to her later. "Umm, still more info needed", I begged her. So from the next ten minutes of excited bits of conversation amid much dancing, cheering and celebration, I gathered that she THOUGHT she won a contest at school put on by the firemen of our local firehouse. Right? 'No mom, I really did win!', she explained. Then the phone rang. "Hello?" I said as I saw the caller ID read South Jordan Fire and Rescue. Turns out Emmy was right and her doubting Thomas Mother was wrong. The nice fireman explained that out of the whole city Emmy won first place in her grade division for coloring her interpretation of "Preventing Home Fires" and would be presented her prize of $100 at an awards ceremony on Friday night.

Here's the blowup poster that made Emmy famous and rich!


Fireman Sean at the awards ceremony. He teased Emmy saying she promised to take him out to steak afterwards.


Here's a quick pic of a couple of firemen wanting a celeb shot taken with Emmy. She's considering changing her name to Em`e...

Her blowup will be framed and placed in the firehouse on Redwood Rd. We'll have to take a fieldtrip and check it out!

4 comments:

Julie said...

That is awesome! I want to win a hundred bucs!

Heather said...

That is way cool!!!!
The picture is awesome!

Bry and Meliss said...

Way to go Emms! We're so proud of you!!

Holly Child said...

That's so cool! Good for her! :o)